The Non-Woven Technology We Use:
Dupont? Softesse? (formerly known as Sontara?)
Has been on the market for more than 25 years. One of the most popular materials, well known for its comfortability and the softness. Its benefits are:
• Tear-resistant and strong
• Better abrasion resistance than SMS polypropylene fabrics.
• Excellent fluid repellence and splash resistance.
• Minimises any distracting glare in the operating theatre due to the very high opacity property of the material.
• Easy, comfortable and stays in place on a patient without slipping and sliding.
• CPSC’s Standard for the Flammability of Clothing Textiles (CPSC 16 CFR Part 1610).
Material reinforced with poly film, making it impervious to fluid.
SMS (Spunbond Meltblown Spunbond)
One of the most commonly used and comfortable materials in daily wear. SMS products are:
• Cost effective.
• Able to providea barrier against the passage of bacteria.
• Lightweight and easy to wear.
An excellent choice for both comfort and protection. Dupont? Suprel? is:
• Silky smooth and transfers body heat from your body faster compared to other fabrics.
• Strong and high tear resistance compared to other materials.
• Very low linting, minimising the risk of introducing particulates into the O.R.
• Meets the Standard for the Flammability of Clothing Textiles CPSC 16 CFR Part 1610.
Various tests have been done on Suprel? to validate its strength, fluid resistance and level of comfortability
BVB (Breathable Viral Barrier)
• Provides superior barrier protection against real world viruses causing infectious diseases such as Hepatitis, MRSA, HIV/AIDS (Human Immunodeficiency Virus), SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) and Avian Influenza.
• Currently offers the highest level of protection.
• Triple-layered fabric features a responsive monolithic membrane sandwiched between inner and outer fabrics made of continuous fine filaments. The inner layer provides comfortability for the wearer while the outer layer gives more repellency and strength to the fabric.
Comparison Chart for different material:
|AAMI level of protection||Strength/ Level of resistant||Comfortability|
|Dupont Softesse||Level 1|
|Dupont softesse Reinforced||Level 3|
|SMS Reinforced||Level 3|
|Dupont Suprel||Level 3|